Central Carolina RC Modelers
Copyright © 2024 by CCRCM
All Rights reserved
CCRC Is Now A FRIA Site
CCRC is now an FAA-Recognized Identification Area (FRIA)
The CCRC flying field and club has been classified as an FAA-Recognized Identification Area (FRIA) by the FAA and we will retain this status until October 19, 2027, at which time the FRIA can be renewed.
The CCRC FRIA is not open to public access. You must be a member of CCRC or a guest of an adult CCRC member to fly at the field.
• The area of our FRIA complies with the CCRC flying area.
• The law requires that all recreational flyers pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety
test and provide proof of passage if asked by law enforcement or FAA personnel. The
Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) was developed to meet this requirement. Here is
the link: https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_flyers/knowledge_test_updates
• For models that weigh over 0.55 pounds (= 8.8 oz = 250grams):
1. Register at least one model on the FAADroneZone. Here is the link:
2. Put your FAA Small UAS Registration number on each model.
3. Run the B4UFLY mobile app to make sure there are no active FAA Advisories that
would prevent you from flying.
NOTE: A transponder is NOT REQUIRED to fly any model in a FRIA.